Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Guest Post!

It has almost been an year since the last post. What better way to start posting again (and hopefully continue this time) than with... A Guest Post! The other day Aparajita sent me this poem she wrote as the sky outside her window assumed a pensive, 'pink and rainy' mood. I was blissfully surprised for I never knew that she writes so well (though I have always assumed to my advantage that she is an extremely deep and thoughtful person). So, here's 'The Rainy Sunset':



In a cluttered mess the cars canter past,
Below the overhead bridge on which the trains tanker fast,
A fresh smell, the sky a fresh pinkish blue
Washed by angry raindrops that pelt through

The concrete jungle that I can see
Rushes past me, changing lives at tumultuous speed,
A sudden fear of being left far behind,
An instant reconciliation with a happy prime

As I watch through the latched windows
I yearn for less yet stronger it grows.
In an effort to move I stretch the rested feet,
The calm of the moment but, is too pretty to cheat

Amidst the buzzing circus, evolving yet stagnant,
My mind drifts afar, in all the noise silence is poignant
As screams the view below, of dreams, desires, and hope
Seeks work and pleasure, sobs tears of the heart that today broke

I hear it so clear and yet so vividly far,
Numb of apathy am as distant as the farthest star,
Content with my peace and yet by it perturbed
Am I human enough, if by mankind not stirred?

Doubt of a moment, washed away in lesser,
Ingratitude, hatred, treachery teach indifference is better,
Look away from the glass pane before the thunder,
Life is my own game, am the only runner.



No comments:

Post a Comment